Deadline extended to July 9 for proposals to lead education sessions at ATSSA’s 2021 Convention
51st Annual Convention & Traffic Expo is confirmed for 2021, likely presented in multiple formats
It’s not too late to submit your proposals to lead education sessions for the 51st Annual Convention & Traffic Expo scheduled for San Diego from Jan. 29 through Feb. 2. ATSSA extended the deadline to July 9 to allow more time for industry experts to provide their insights and expertise during this annual event.
Sessions that can be conducted virtually or pre-recorded are of particular interest as well as topics that address how you dealt with the challenges and opportunities presented by the pandemic, according to ATSSA Training Program Manager Jessica Scheyder.
“ATSSA is committed to holding the event and preparing multiple options for education sessions and all facets of the 51st Annual Convention & Traffic Expo,” said Donna Clark, vice president of Member Services.
ATSSA seeks ideas for education sessions that showcase the best thinking in the field, informed by theory, research and proven best practices. Submissions will provide ways to improve roadway infrastructure safety from a strategic and operational perspective as well as from a tactical approach.
ATSSA’s 51st Annual Convention & Traffic Expo is the premier event for roadway infrastructure safety professionals and transportation officials from across the U.S. and around the globe. In 2020, the Convention brought together nearly 3,700 business leaders, government officials, subcontractors, manufacturers, corporate roadway department personnel, and all disciplines involved in nearly every aspect of roadway infrastructure safety. The event is seen as critical to stay current on trends and industry advancements, access new products and technologies, and stay abreast of legislative priorities and regulatory changes.
- Address the importance of roadway infrastructure safety from a strategic perspective;
- Explore the role of technological innovations in the industry;
- Speak to new regulations and real-time issues;
- Provide a preview of industry trends;
- Identify good practices and cost-effective safety solutions; and
- Explore essential business practices such as operations, strategic planning, legal concerns, media and crisis training, supervisory and leadership skills, new contract management, hiring and retaining qualified employees.
- The Call for Proposals opened Thursday, June 4.
- Proposals are due Thursday, July 9 at 11:59 p.m. ET and must be completed in the online submission system to be considered.
- You will receive an automatic confirmation of your submission for your records.
- All proposals will be reviewed by a group of ATSSA member volunteers and staff who will rate and recommend final selections. Proposals will be selected based on relevance and importance to the continued practice of roadway infrastructure safety.
- You will be notified no later than Aug. 31 on the status of your proposal.
All accepted presenters must agree to the following rules and responsibilities:
- Meet all posted dates/deadlines and submit all required items (bio, photo, etc.);
- Register for the Convention & Traffic Expo (speaker registration is complimentary);
- Meet all Convention-related due dates and deadlines; and
- Accept ATSSA’s Speaker Agreement
Take advantage of this opportunity to make essential connections to advance roadway safety.
Anyone with questions about the proposal process should contact Jessica Scheyder at email@example.com.