Got an innovative product?
Apply now to compete for an Innovation Award and appear in the New Products Listing
Think you’ve got the goods to wow the judges at the New Products Rollout? Here’s your chance.
Applications are now open for members wanting to enter their innovations in the New Products Rollout at the 51st Annual Convention & Traffic Expo. Products released after Jan. 1, 2020 qualify. Twenty will be accepted for the New Product Listing and just 12 will be accepted for presentation to a panel of judges. The top three products will earn an Innovation Award that will be announced during the Convention, which will be held Jan. 29-Feb. 2.
“The New Products Rollout offers members the opportunity to get their creative ideas to roadway safety issues in front of thousands of people who take part in ATSSA’s Convention & Traffic Expo,” said ATSSA Director of Innovation & Technical Services Eric Perry. “The exposure provided by this event is unparalleled.”
ATSSA hosts a new products section on the exhibit floor. Nearly 3,700 people registered for the 50th Annual Convention & Traffic Expo.
JUDGING CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
Items submitted for the New Products Rollout go through preliminary judging on the following criteria.
- Provides an overall innovation for the roadway safety infrastructure industry.
- Is the product truly innovative, a first of its kind in the industry?
- Can the product be used immediately or does it require further study or development?
- Solves a current issue in the roadway safety infrastructure industry.
- Is this product a solution for a small niche issue found in the industry or is it an industry-wide solution applicable to many uses?
- Are there multiple problems solved by using this product, or is it a single solution for a single problem?
- Has unique safety qualities of the product.
- Will this product benefit motorists and workers in making our nation’s roadways safer?
- Provides a solution to a need of local, state, or federal agencies.
- Does this product address a need identified by local, state or federal agencies, especially in Strategic Highway Safety Plans?
- Delivers innovativeness and applicability of the design.
- Has the product been designed to be durable enough to survive the rigors of road work?
- Does it comply with local and national regulations to ensure it is “road ready”?
- Does it function safely and effortlessly as designed?
Public agency officials judge the entries during the Traffic Expo.
Winners of the Innovation Awards are featured in The Signal magazine, a press release and across ATSSA’s social media channels.
Applications are due by Dec. 1. Full details are available online.