The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) takes an active role in monitoring, improving and advancing safety for work zone workers. As a trusted partner, the FHWA has awarded ATSSA multi-year grants in 2006, 2011, 2013, and 2016 to provide roadway safety training nationwide for workers and others who make their livelihood on America's roadways. Since 2006, approximately 80,000 workers have been trained in a variety of ATSSA roadway safety training courses at an extremely low cost and have also been given access to a wide range of invaluable and informative products at no cost.
The benefits of Work Zone Safety Grant training include:
- Employers are compliant with state or federal mandates and their employees are up-to-date on standards
- Confidence knowing employees have been trained to set up work zones correctly
- Free technical guidelines allow workers to be equipped with accurate and current information which can be applied on the spot
ATSSA offers the following Work Zone Safety Grant training:
- Nine Work Zone Safety Grant training courses, co-developed by FHWA and ATSSA, are offered to public agencies at request for $0. Private firms can partner with their public agency to hold a course. Private entities cost is $25 per participant - Course Descriptions
- ATSSA Work Zone Safety Grant training offers the TCT, TCS, and FIT courses at no charge to public agencies ($0), and low-cost for private firms ($25 per participant) - Course Descriptions
Search Grant Courses
Notice: For this list of courses with descriptions, download the Course Descriptions All grant courses are currently operating on a waitlist. ATSSA will reach out to you if courses become available in your area. To be added to the waitlist, complete the Grant Training Request Form.
For more information about Grant training, please call 800-272-8772 or email email@example.com
FHWA Work Zone Safety Grant #DTFH61-16-RA-00018